Minor in Moving Image Arts
Themes Heading link
As Moving Image Arts minors, students take courses that look at issues like:
- film, television, video and new media theory
- film, television, video and new media histories
- the creation of moving images
- the structure and operation of media industries
- film and video as technology and in relation to other media technologies
- the reception of film, television, video and new digital media
- genres, directors, and national and global cinemas
Requirements Heading link
The minor requires 18-20 hours of course work.
- 4 required courses (one introductory course, two film or broadcasting/digital media history courses, and one seminar)
- 2 electives (to be selected from the approved list of courses)
New courses related to Moving Image Arts are regularly added by UIC’s departments. Please be sure to consult the list of approved courses often.
To request substitutions for required courses and/or discuss additional possible electives, please contact the Moving Image Arts program director, Professor Sara Hall.